What's new
The Fig Spot

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on the site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other fig members through your own private inbox!

Need help identifying these figs

Mieke

Newly Registered
Registered
Reaction score
Hi, I am new to the forum as I am looking to identify some figs that came with the house. The other type we have aren't ripe yet but these are. I'm a food photographer so apologies for the faffy photos.

Some additional intel, we're located in the South-West of France but these were originally planted between 30-20 years ago by a Scottish lady who was very into her horticulture. I know she also lived in Spain and Hong Kong so she may have brought these back from elsewhere. Unfortunately we can't ask her because she's not well.

We get one harvest per season, usually late August, but due to weather conditions this year everything is a lot later than normal. They are quite small as you can see, the skin is very soft and they are almost sickly sweet, like honey. There is a fig tree planted alongside this one that produces figs about a month later, those figs are humongous and dark with thick skin, less sweet. I will share photos of those when they're actually ripe.

Many thanks!

Mieke

Fig-Edit.jpg

Figs-size-and-internal.jpg

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mieke